PGCPS LogoPrince George's County Public Schools
Specialty Programs Banner
  • About Seat Pleasant

     Seat Pleasant Elementary School is a school-wide- Title 1 comprehensive school servicing students in Early Start, grades K-6, ESOL, and a K-6 Autism program.  

       Seat Pleasant Elementary School is a Title I-School-wide full day comprehensive elementary school servicing grades Head Start, K-6, ESOL and a K-6 Autism programs.  The school is located in Seat Pleasant, Maryland in an area surrounded by local businesses, a community center and single family homes. The students currently enrolled primarily reside in two cities, Capital Heights, and Seat Pleasant, with roughly 52% (182) of the students being bused to the school, while the remaining 48% (168) walk or are brought to school by their parents.

    Seat Pleasant is racially diverse with a current enrollment of about 350 students with. Our specific subgroups consist of 3 (less than 1%) American Indian, 2 (less than 1%) white, 3 (less than1 %) Asian/Pacific Islander, 35 (10%) Hispanic, 307 (87%) African American, 139 (40%) Special Education, and, 35 (10%) Limited English Proficient.  Our LEP students are seen by one teacher and special education students are serviced by grade level special education teachers, paraprofessionals, and ISEAs.  Kindergarten through Sixth grade Autism classes consist of more than 100 students serviced by teachers, paraprofessionals, and ISEAs.   

    Seat Pleasant Elementary currently has 19 classrooms grades Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten through Sixth.  The classrooms consist of one Pre-K class, two Kindergarten classes (both co-taught inclusion settings), one Kindergarten-Second Self-Contained class; two First Grade classes (both co-taught inclusion settings), two Second grade classes (all co-taught settings), one Second/Third/Fourth Self-Contained class, two Third grade classes (all co-taught inclusion settings), two 4th grade classes (both co-taught inclusion settings), two 5th grade classes (both co-taught inclusion settings), one Multi-grade Self Contained class (5th/6th) class, and two co-taught inclusion Sixth grade classes.  Our classes average 24 students per class, and the Autism program has grown to more than 100 students in grades K-6.